2014-2015 Graduate Studies Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Combined BS/MBA in Operations Management
The Operations and Information Management Department offers interested and qualified undergraduate operations management students the opportunity to earn both a Bachelor of Science degree in operations management and a Master of Business Administration degree with an operations management focus. With judicious course scheduling, most students can complete the program within five academic years.
Students interested in this BS/MBA degree program should apply to The College of Graduate and Continuing Education as prescribed by the Graduate Studies Catalog. Criteria for acceptance into the combined program include the student’s previous academic performance, GMAT score, letters of recommendation and a statement of purpose. Students must adhere to The Graduate Studies Catalog requirements. The Graduate Studies Catalog can be downloaded as a PDF at http://catalog.scranton.edu.
- Students interested in this BS/MBA degree program should apply to the Graduate Admissions Office as prescribed in the Graduate Studies Catalog. Criteria for admission to the OM BS/MBA are outlined below: Following the completion of 60 semester hours, an undergraduate student may make application to the Combined program provided he/she:
- has earned a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all coursework
- has earned a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in his/her major
Students may apply for early admission to the OM BS/MBA degree program by:
- Completing the online Application for Graduate Admission;
- Submitting a GMAT score.
- Providing three letters of recommendation from instructors who are familiar with the student’s achievements and intended academic goals;
- Statement of purpose; and
- Meeting with the Graduate Operations Management Advisor for assistance in the process.
2. Upon acceptance into the OM BS/MBA program students must complete a Prospectus of Study. The OM BS/MBA prospectus requires the signature approvals of the following individuals:
- The Undergraduate program advisor
- The Operations and Information Management Department Chairperson
- The MBA Graduate Program Director
- The KSOM Dean
- The CGCE Dean
The following courses may apply:
- MKT 506 , Marketing Management (3 cr.) satisfies the undergraduate requirement of MKT 351, Principles of Marketing;
- MGT 505 , Organizational Behavior (3 cr.) satisfies the undergraduate requirement of MGT 352, Principles of Management II;
- MGT 501 , Responsibility, Sustainability and Justice (3 cr.) satisfies the undergraduate requirement of MGT 455, Business Policy and Strategy;
- MIS 504 , Management Information Systems (3 cr.) satisfies the undergraduate requirement of OIM 471, Business Information Management
Each student in the Combined Bachelor of Science/Master of Business Administration in Operations Management Degree program must complete three advanced electives in the OM area. The following advanced OM electives are offered in the program: OM 540 , OM 543 , OM 544 , OM 545 , OM 546 , OM 547 , and OM 549 .