The Liberal Studies major is a highly individualized program offered under the auspices of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Panuska College of Professional Studies and the Kania School of Management. Applicants who have attended other accredited colleges may transfer up to 60 credits for applicable courses in which a grade of C or better has been earned. Students who qualify for this interdisciplinary degree program are eligible to earn as many as 30 semester hours for academically relevant experience.
- All Liberal Studies students must take two courses designated as EP II writing Level II (EPW) and two courses designated as cultural-diversity (D).
- In compliance with terms set by AACSB accreditation, no more than 30 credits of the concentration may be courses in the Kania School of Management.
- The only Physical Education courses that may be counted towards the Liberal Studies degree are those that are 3 or more credits.
- No minors are granted with the Liberal Studies program.
- No transcripted interdisciplinary programs are accepted as Liberal Studies concentrations.